Yield 4 servings
Cooking time 10 mins
My favorite cuisine is hands down Thai! Their use of fresh roots like galangal and ginger, lemon grass, kaffir leaves, basil, spices and coconut milk as a base for so many of their dishes makes it to me, the best food in the world!
I love eating pad Thai, my only worry when I eat out is that traditionally Thai food is also made with fish sauce. So in an attempt to satisfy my cravings I prefer to make my own!!!
Every time I decide to cook something the first thing I think about is how to make it not only delicious but also detoxing and easy to digest! This is what I call 'non violent cooking' it is my first priority when cooking that whomever eats my food won't feel indigestion or any discomfort!
In Ayurveda indigestion is said to be the root cause of all disease. When you eat very heavy foods or foods that don't combine well; AMA or toxicity is created; the accumulation of this toxic byproduct in time creates many ailments. You will notice that my recipe is soy-free and peanut-free! (soy and peanuts are very difficult to digest).
I discovered this amazing Gluten free organic red rice noodles by Explore Cuisine! I highly recommend them! Follow the instructions of how to cook them (I prefer to cook them for 4 minutes only and mix them right away with the sauce.)
This recipe is very filling and better eaten at noon when your digestive fire is strongest. I recommend this dish for Pitta digestion. If you are digestion is Kapha or a little sluggish this dish may not be the best choice for you.
• 3 Tbs Organic raw Cashew butter*
• 1/4 Cup Coconut Aminos
• 2 Tbs Organic Lime juice, freshly Squeezed
• 2 Tbs Organic toasted Sesame oil*
• 1 tsp freshly ground Coriander
• 1 tsp Organic Himalayan Salt (or real Salt)
• 1 tbs Ginger root, minced
• a handful of organic Snap peas, cut into thin slivers
• 1/2 Cup Organic Bean sprouts
• Sliced Radishes
• Shredded Purple Napa Cabbage (this cabbage is softer than the regular one but if you can't find it the regular kind works great too)*
• 1/4 Cup toasted Pumpkin seeds (dry toast the seeds by placing them is a oil-less pan in a low flame for a few minutes switching them around until they are golden)
• Parsley, Cilantro or Thai basil for garnish
• 8 oz Organic red rice pad Thai noodles (or noodles of your choice)*
• 1 cup Broccoli chopped into small florets
• 1/2 Cup Carrots thinly sliced
Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Boil 8 cups of water, add the noodles and the vegetables. Reduce the heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Strain the noodles and veggies. Toss them with the sauce right away!
Serve in bowls and layer the toppings making it a beautiful rainbow like irresistible dish!
For Vāta digestion:
Avoid the shredded cabbage
For Pitta digestion: Replace the cashew butter for organic raw almond butter
Avoid the sesame oil
For Kapha digestion: Replace the rice noodles for zucchini noodles. .
COOKING WITH OM